Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Bringing differences together

3 posters

The Logo for the forum

Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

The Logo for the forum Empty The Logo for the forum

Post  Saadman Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am

As you can see beside the title on the top, there is a logo area.
    We need to create a logo.

First of all, lets decide what the symbol will be.

Anybody got skill with Illustrator?
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty skill yes

Post  Wulfprinz Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:39 pm

I am able to use the program, unfortunately since my crash awhile back I no longer have it to use. What is the size of the logo you want to make?
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty logo proposal

Post  Wulfprinz Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 am

We could use the Legion flag (FFL) or some modification of it. I was thiking perhaps changing the background colors, or even using more colors if that is what you all would like, but keeping the fleur de lis.

Here is an image:
    The Logo for the forum 200px-Flag_of_legionsvg

Here are two alternates, showing what I mean:
    The Logo for the forum FFL_var1
    The Logo for the forum FFL_var2
    7angels

The Logo for the forum Empty Re: The Logo for the forum

Post  7angels Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:17 am

what does the fleur de lis stand for? is there a reason for it?
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 am

I believe its a French monarch symbol.
    But it wont hurt to have it.
    After some image searching I came across a coat of arms having the french lily. I think it represents the fleur de lis...
    Perhaps this should work well as our logo -
    The Logo for the forum 100px-FlorenceCoA.svg

Now about the banner.
    Hey I like them. And they are just the right size.
    Could you put some shadows into those pics?
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty fleur de lis

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 am

It stands for freedom, in the three words of the French slogan for it (sorry I am not very good with French and forget the words). They mean something on the order of Brootherhood, Unity, Liberty. This is the same thing which is symbolized by any of the Statues of Liberty which you will find - in the torch she carries. You will notice as well that the Fleur de Lis does resemble a torch and expecialy the one that Liberty carries.

The reason, as you asked, is that the organization is named after the French Foreign Legion and the Fleur de Lis is the emblem of that organization so I borrowed it. Symbol recognition is a very important part of why a symbol is used, and that symbol is quite readily associable with the Legion.

I hope this brief reply has answered your questions, if not please ask for further clarification and I will try again.
    ==
    One other thing I wanted to mention is that this logo is by no means the final thing.. this is only the first stage of a proposal toward that end. Anyone with an idea can make a counter proposal and once we have discussed the matter sufficiently then some roughs can be made up and the thing voted on. For now we will proceed along the lines of discussion and just see where it takes us.
    ====
    Oh, and the reason the Fleur de Lis resembles the lily flower, as you mentioned, is because that is what it is. The words Fleur de Lis mean Lily of Florence. Lis is lily. So, yes, it is a lily. Of course as nearly anyone can tell you the lily flower is also associated with Christianity and is often used around Easter time. By using this symbol in my proposal I was not intending to indicate the preference of any religion nor the exclusion of any other. So if the symbol is offensive to anyone on that basis (or any other) please indicate this in your discussion here. We do not seek to be offensive to anyone, although someone will no doubt find offense in whatever we do... this is human nature and a product of the great variety thereof. I would not have it any other way, I celebrate variety and never want to see a world of conformity to uniformity.. it would be so mundane and it would be so boring, and in some ways it seems to be there is a trend in that direction which bothers me.
    ===
    As to the shadows, I am not going to do that at this time but surely once we have a rough draft which has been voted on and approved then shadows will be added by someone for the final version. I am hoping to see some other proposals as well in order that we can have a variety to choose from by the time it comes to a vote on which to adopt.
    ===
    OK, after some searching I found the three words of the motto I was looking for.. the one which the Fleur de Lis and also Liberty's Torch represent. The French National Motto The motto of the French Republic is "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" (Liberté, Equalité, Fraternité). The site I took that from is here: http://www.languedoc-france.info/06141203_motto.htm
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:54 am

Alright then. So the forum logo is still temporary until a better proposal is met. Smile
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty submissions wanted

Post  Wulfprinz Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 am

Yes, it would be good to have some other proposals as well. Anyone with an idea for the logo please either post a picture or a description of it. Thank you.

Here is another proposal:
    The Logo for the forum FL_banner

Last edited by Wulfprinz on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty echo... echo.........echo...........

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 am

OK, one thing we really need is a logo, and we need to get moving on this so please, please... I need some input from everyone on what you would like to see so that one can be made.

Here is one more:
    The Logo for the forum FL_banner3
    7angels

Post  7angels Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:59 am

i don't know much about logos but i do like this saying

all for one and one for all.

Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

The Logo for the forum Empty One for All....

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am

3 Musketeers?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content