Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Bringing differences together

+2
Wulfprinz
Admin
6 posters

Chinook Raiders Club

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Chinook Raiders Club Empty Chinook Raiders Club

Post  Admin Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 am

I here by announce the construction of a Role Playing Team, it is to be known as Chinook Raiders Roleplaying Club.

A minimum of 10 players who mean serious roleplaying should enlist themselves here.

PLAYERS CURRENTLY IN THE TEAM -
    > Wulfprinz
    > Saadman
    > The Hawk
    > Zama174
    > 7angels

Chinook Raiders Club Chinok

Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Chinook Raiders Club Empty I'm in

Post  Wulfprinz Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am

I like serious role play and you may add me in if you like. I will not be abandoning my Cross of Iron and Iron Cross projects however, just informational so you know. We shall still have games in those groups but I will not be spamming here about them.
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Chinook Raiders Club Empty Re: Chinook Raiders Club

Post  Saadman Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm in as well. Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:27 am

I will not be abandoning my Cross of Iron and Iron Cross projects however, just informational so you know. We shall still have games in those groups but I will not be spamming here about them.

Ofcource, we have no problems with that. Smile
    But we will appreciate it if you could help us bring more players to this club.

What about Zama? I believe he likes roleplaying as well. Smile
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Chinook Raiders Club Empty recommend him

Post  Wulfprinz Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Zama is a skilled role player, I recommend him.
    The Hawk
    The Hawk

Post  The Hawk Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:20 pm

I've never participated in RP game b4
    Although our alliance game (Unnamed vs SPECTRE) turned to be RP after we loss and my DE articles got good view Very Happy

So if u have an empty seat, count me in
    Zama174
    Zama174
    QMR
    QMR

Post  Zama174 Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm in. Just let me know the game number and pass.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 am

I've never participated in RP game b4
    Nothing to worry about. Smile
    Its pretty much upto how active you are in the DE.
    Pretty much like declaring "almost" all of your moves.
    The Russian post can be counted as a "A+" role playing. Wink

But there is more to it. You have to stick to the story line. This way you make sure you make it fun for yourself and the others.
    More like a Stage Play if you will. rendeer Just read the script and do what it says. Variations are ok, but dont stretch the line.

Oh yes, and finally - there is no creator of any RP game.
    When you agree to joining it, you agree to have a share in everything that goes on in it... Starting from the beginning to the very end... So its up to all of us to make sure everything goes smoothly. Smile
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 am

Amen.

Now we have compiled 4 players, in 2 days. Thats quite the progress, compared to other RPs.
    Lets start talking about the game.

The game I have in mind is the CHEESE'S GAME OF ECONOMICAL UNCERTAINTY.
    It had been on the hands of Murderiser but he fell inactive.
    So we should adopt it.
    I'll make a second topic for the game.
    But where is cheese? Since it's his game - he of all people should be present...
    7angels

Post  7angels Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:32 am

i have never roleplayed supremacy before. i am good at declaring my intentions but creating stories i am not so good at. i am interested in trying to roleplay to see how things go. i could be better or worse than i think i am. so if you want another player i will give it a shot.
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:40 am

i have never roleplayed supremacy before. i am good at declaring my intentions but creating stories i am not so good at. i am interested in trying to roleplay to see how things go. i could be better or worse than i think i am. so if you want another player i will give it a shot.

Stories are only there for the suspense. And fun.
    You'll get the hang of it. Smile

The most important thing that is needed is patience, and the understanding of the rp game.
    You'll get the hang of it also, but like I said - it needs patience.
    =======================

NOW WE HAVE 5 PLAYERS.
    ITS TIME TO LAUNCH OUR FIRST GAME!

Please follow this link -
    http://forum.supremacy1914.com/showthread.php?103683-Cheese-s-Game-of-Economic-Uncertainity-2.0
    7angels

Post  7angels Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 am

i like the senario but isn't Morocco, GB, germany at a disadvantage? now italy could be on its own and the other 3 alliances could try and get italy to join them by perswading italy with resources, troops or whatever. when all 3 alliances are sending italy resources trying to get him to join their alliance has a possibility of making italy powerful. on the other hand if italy is played wrong or the other alliances think italy is playing them it could cause italy to be invaded. although invading italy could prove to be costly if to the invading alliance depending upon how powerful italy is when invaded and thus the weakened alliance could fall prey to being invaded by another.

if italy joined one of the alliances it could cause a balancing or a tipping in the scales of power.
    The Hawk
    The Hawk

Post  The Hawk Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Any game is fine to me
    Although I prefer 31-player map plz Smile
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 am

i like the senario but isn't Morocco, GB, germany at a disadvantage? now italy could be on its own and the other 3 alliances could try and get italy to join them by perswading italy with resources, troops or whatever. when all 3 alliances are sending italy resources trying to get him to join their alliance has a possibility of making italy powerful. on the other hand if italy is played wrong or the other alliances think italy is playing them it could cause italy to be invaded. although invading italy could prove to be costly if to the invading alliance depending upon how powerful italy is when invaded and thus the weakened alliance could fall prey to being invaded by another.

if italy joined one of the alliances it could cause a balancing or a tipping in the scales of power.

The rules are still in the discussion phase.

We need you guys to post in the supremacy forum.
    So that it attracts more players, also it keeps the topic on top.
    Edd, kindly copy your question and post in the forum.
    Same goes for you Hawk. Smile
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Chinook Raiders Club Empty Cheese's game

Post  Wulfprinz Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 am

First of all, as to what happened to Cheese... I think he gave up on the project after the first game was such an epic fail. Why did it fail? Very simply because the alliances did not follow the rules of the game. The farmer's alliance did but when it was obvious they were going to get murdered for doing so (which we were) everyone in the alliance except Wulfprinz (name is familiar to me somehow) just left. So there I was, the last surviving member of the Farmer's Alliance trying to stand alone against the world. A good effort was made with the obvious outcome.

There simply is no way to get the alliances to follow the rules on trading nor to monitor it, and since it is those very rules which are the heart of the concept of the game it is a fail.

I too see no way of enforcing the rules and keeping the intended trade imbalances so I am not in favor of reviving this project. As I said, it was an epic fail.
    Zama174
    Zama174
    QMR
    QMR

Post  Zama174 Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

I never broke the rules myself, but what fucked the game up was morocco and spain getting in bed together. Created a far to powerful alliance for the state the economy was in in that game.
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 am

Let me tell you a story, wulfprinze (yeah, the name does sound sorta familiar Very Happy )

It was a dark and stormy night. It was the summer of 1830.
    The rain was heavy, and the fog was immense.
    There was a man standing on the edge of a cliff near Hamburg.
    A name plate on his chest read - "J.H.Muller".
    And then he jumped.
    But why did he?
    It turns out his biggest dream was never accomplished. Yet he was humiliated by the science community for his undying work for them, that was not the gratitude he had worked for, and the misery was too much to bear, so he took the easy way out...

Autumn of 1834. Europe had a new child, who's god father - Charles Babbage - a child known as "Difference Engine". It was an odd child, it drank not the milk of its mother, but thousand volts of coal powered electricity. Yet no one cared, other than those that saw its use, but there were only a few, and they were a failure.

WW2 had come to Britain! The world was on fire! Armies raced! So did bullets - but in the opposite direction!
    It was complete chaos!
    Secretly hiding in an underground bunker, Alan Turning was busy decoding German enigma signals. And sure did he do a good job! He decoded all everchanging German codes sent his way! But he had a secret weapon for this, it was the first "Information Technology". The child known as D.E. had grown up...

Spring 1972. The world was abuzz! American geniuses had invited a guest. And it picked the attention of everyone.
    They had said with clear voices, "We have entered a new age - the age of Information Technology. We bring to you - The Computer".

=======================================
    And now, we all have it in our home. I have one in my pocket! Isn't that fabulous?

My point is. Try once and fail, try twice and fail - but you dont fail forever. Smile
    You can always make changes. So lets start changing!
    =======================================

You guys keep pointing out what was wrong with the old game, and we'll try to find a way to fix them.
    The Hawk
    The Hawk

Post  The Hawk Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Well thats well expected, I was thinking of Italy should take the policeman in between making sure everybody respecting the rules, it should be a GM game where everyone choose his alliance, well-known members for respecting the world.
    Italy should be the only one allowed to scatter spies everywhere, each alliance should give some fees to Italy in order to maintain the spies payments.
    And in case any alliance caught guilty replacements should be discussed or the other two are obliged (and sure pleased) to finish it.
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Chinook Raiders Club Empty very creative

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 am

That was a good story, I liked it. It would be a bit out of place in a game because of its future time references, but it was good.

I am willing to try the scenario you propose with Italy as a go-between, I am always up for an experimental role playing system. Some work and some do not but always there is something to be learned and that gets added to the repertoire of us all, as well as our arsenal of possible rules combinations. So, yeah why not.
    The Hawk
    The Hawk

Post  The Hawk Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm still looking for a RP guys, Prinz that game seems NO WAY END, but it seems that the RP community is having depression
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 am

Ok. So this is turning out to be a clutter.

There are so many good ideas suggested that it is hard to choose. And even if I choose one which I feel is right, someone else may not feel the same.

LETS TRY A NEW METHOD
    > We make two teams
    > T1 - composed of players who played the first game, and also playing the second
    > T2 - composed of players who havent played the first one.
    > Before the game starts, BOTH TEAMS WILL BE DISOLVED

Team 1's responsibility -
    Coming up with the problems of the first game

Team 2's responsibility -
    Coming up with solutions for the problems.
    ==========================================

Also, guys, I appreciate you posting here, and trying to make this forum more useful, but if you post here, it will not serve as much of an advertisement for the game.

We need MORE players. How we get it - we get it by keeping the Supremacy Forum Thread active...
    Look at the first game, it got so many players cause it had trolls all over it!
    WE NEED TROLLS!
    The Hawk
    The Hawk

Post  The Hawk Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Can u make a new one like NOW?? and see how many interested to join?
    prior registrations seem to take time and most players lose interest

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:05 pm