Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Foreign Legion - Supremacy 1914

Bringing differences together

3 posters

Questions and Answers (QnA)

Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Questions and Answers (QnA) Empty Questions and Answers (QnA)

Post  Wulfprinz Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:24 pm

If you have a question, ask here and someone will answer it here. If you see a question here that you can answer, post the answer here.

To kick it off I have this question:

Do I post the link and invite my members to join this forum or is that premature? scratch

=====
    Ok, since I got a PM that seems to indicate it is OK, I have posted the link in my alliance and asked that interested members of it register here and help us with this project.

Last edited by Wulfprinz on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : answered my own question)
    7angels

Questions and Answers (QnA) Empty games

Post  7angels Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 am

my question is should we have a section to look at to see which people or groups are ready for a game? i see we posted a section naming all the groups to play but to keep the forum clean we should post somewhere when we are ready to play a game and when we have 2 or more ready to play we can begin a game.
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Questions and Answers (QnA) Empty sign - ups?

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 am

You mean an area for game sign ups? I am not clear on what you would like to see. Certainly I can create an area for you once I understand what it is to be. Sorry I am so dense this morning.
    7angels

Questions and Answers (QnA) Empty Re: Questions and Answers (QnA)

Post  7angels Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm

an area where we can go to announce that this team or that team are looking for a game. it will make finding an opponent easier when you want to battle.
    7angels

Post  7angels Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:59 am

here is a question for someone to answer. why do we even have an alliance league? what does it do that a normal alliance doesn't do? is it because we want team games to be easier to come by? if it is for easier team games then why not just open a forum for alliances to use to say that we are ready for a game and when there is another who wants a game then we start a game with those teams. once the game is started then the moderators can delete the previous game requests.
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:46 am

7angels wrote:here is a question for someone to answer. why do we even have an alliance league? what does it do that a normal alliance doesn't do? is it because we want team games to be easier to come by? if it is for easier team games then why not just open a forum for alliances to use to say that we are ready for a game and when there is another who wants a game then we start a game with those teams. once the game is started then the moderators can delete the previous game requests.

Because we learn from the past.
    Another alliance tried it. It was, I'm afraid, an epic failure...
    5 requests and only 1 answer - and it was only to that who had started the request forum (but there was a couple of mailings done too). Supremacy forum doesn't have enough alliances. And on top of that, only a few members of those alliance actually venture out of their own alliance threads. So they completely miss the requests.

Now what is so great about them alliances, you say?
    > It forms a community within a community.
    > You can form leagues - like baseball leagues
    > Talk about game changes
    > Force the devs to implement the changes
    And more importantly, it something that you BELONG to. So you can say, I belong that alliance, and I belong to that league. Smile
    Its something to be proud of.
    7angels

Post  7angels Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Because we learn from the past.
    Another alliance tried it. It was, I'm afraid, an epic failure...
    5 requests and only 1 answer - and it was only to that who had started the request forum (but there was a couple of mailings done too). Supremacy forum doesn't have enough alliances. And on top of that, only a few members of those alliance actually venture out of their own alliance threads. So they completely miss the requests.

Now what is so great about them alliances, you say?
    > It forms a community within a community.
    > You can form leagues - like baseball leagues
    > Talk about game changes
    > Force the devs to implement the changes
    And more importantly, it something that you BELONG to. So you can say, I belong that alliance, and I belong to that league. Smile
    Its something to be proud of.

i understand what a league is but what is the purpose of the league? as you pointed out baseball has a league, football, and ect... each league has a purpose for example baseball has league to separate women baseball, major and minors, and ect... you don't see a school or state having a league of its own. a league is to help large organizations become organized.

with 3 leagues sounds idiotic and what i think should happen is each alliance should join and each alliance has one vote(if an alliance does not vote then they go with whatever the majority decides) there should be one person over all(like a president) who keeps things running smooth within the league. this way a small alliance has as much say so as a large alliance. a majority vote can drop the old president so another can be voted in. like i said i don't know much about politics but the idea is solid.
    Saadman
    Saadman
    Black Brigade
    Black Brigade

Post  Saadman Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:24 am

7angels wrote:i understand what a league is but what is the purpose of the league? as you pointed out baseball has a league, football, and ect... each league has a purpose for example baseball has league to separate women baseball, major and minors, and ect... you don't see a school or state having a league of its own. a league is to help large organizations become organized.
    Yes, cause this is not a school or state.
    It is more like an interstate league.
    Where the alliances are different states.
    And yes, there are gonna be minors and majors. Because as an alliance grows, it must create more than one team. Often there are training teams, and they fall in minor, and teams who are composed of newbies, they fall in minor too, until they can work their way upto the majors.
    We were discussing about this before, and stopped cause of xmas. Why dont we start again, and you can help us build up the league rules, there's no politics involved in that. king

with 3 leagues sounds idiotic and what i think should happen is each alliance should join and each alliance has one vote(if an alliance does not vote then they go with whatever the majority decides) there should be one person over all(like a president) who keeps things running smooth within the league. this way a small alliance has as much say so as a large alliance. a majority vote can drop the old president so another can be voted in.
    There are two leagues.
    And here again, we learned from others' mistakes.
    I believe you have been looking around the supremacy forum these few days? Your post somewhat resembles that of the ones put up by the Alliance Union.
    Sadly, the supremacy forum only shows the tip of the iceberg.
    The Union recently had a fierce argument. Where the entire league turned against the suggestions of the alliance in power. But being despotic, the power house did not back off, and now there is another union inside that union, except it is led by that one alliance. Me and wulf had been asked to visit their forum and share our point of view.
    But as you can understand, Presidency only works in RL when votes can be earned by winning the hearts of people. Where as here, you win them with logic. Bush wouldn't make a good president here. lol!

like i said i don't know much about politics but the idea is solid.
    LoL! Yeah. Building up policies is quite the tough job. Wink
    It's a pain sometimes, really...
    You should avoid it as much as you can.
    Why dont you help us create League Game Rules instead? Smile
    7angels

Post  7angels Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 am

I believe you have been looking around the supremacy forum these few days? Your post somewhat resembles that of the ones put up by the Alliance Union.

nope. i have a hard time following the forums. i look at things from a simple stand point. what i think is important in an alliance does not seem important to others. i have read the alliance league rules but there is nothing that i could find that talked about how it would be run. they only talked about game cost, game ratings, and other game related issues. without a strong leadership things will fall apart over time.

btw if there are things we should be following i would appreciate a link so i can take a look. i am not too computer literate and that makes it hard for me to navigate. if i cannot find something within a few minutes i usually quit looking.

rule making is not my specialty but i will put up some thoughts to see what happens.
    Wulfprinz
    Wulfprinz
    QMR
    QMR

Questions and Answers (QnA) Empty catching up today

Post  Wulfprinz Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 am

Sorry I missed a couple days, but I am catching up today. I will make a thread to post when you are seeking team match ups.

Another thing about this is that being a league, we can hold round-robin tournaments and keep stats and rankings on the alliances. With the regular supremacy forums this is not workable. Also, in the past when we tried to organize things like this over there we got so much spam and flaming and what not on our threads that it became too hard for anyone to follow. So anyway, this is the best attempt we can currently think of to try and achieve what has already been visualized. Time will tell how well we succeed in that achievement.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 am